DETOXIFICATION PLAN 1: FOOD BASED
A Food Based Detox Diet consists of:
In particular, target foods that contain live enzymes
and nutrients. These have an alkalizing effect on the
body, countering the acid based foods which produce
intestinal mucoid plaque.
A good detoxification diet will make your body ALKALINE.
Daily cycles of undereating and overeating will help
your liver detoxify. Undereating days ingesting raw
fruits and vegetables gives your digestive system sufficient
time to recuperate and reload itself with enzymes and
nutrients necessary for healthy digestion. Proper digestion
avoids the buildup of toxic partially digested or undigested
food accumulating in the bowel.
Permitted Foods During Fasting
- Fresh fruits
- Fresh vegetables, either raw or cooked
- Sprouted greens
- Whole grains, both cooked and sprouted; [no breads
or baked goods]
Foods to Avoid During Fasting
- Animal foods
- Dairy products
This diet keeps fiber and water intake up and helps
colon detoxification. Most people can handle this well
and make the shift from their regular diet with a few
a full list of foods to avoid.
Foods and Supplements That Support Chelation
supplements to help chelate toxins out of your
- Multivitamins - B
vitamins and vitamin
C that are most needed under stress.
- Miso soup - a great natural mineralizer and alkalizer.
Japanese researchers believe that miso is a potent
- Sea vegetables such as kelp, arame and hijiki contain
sodium alginate chelator of radioactive toxins.
- Sulphur containing foods - critical for liver detoxification.
Broccoli, cauliflower, brussel sprouts, kale and eggs.
- Glutathione precursors glutamic acid, glycine and
cysteine. Reduced glutathione is a precursor to a
most powerful antioxidant enzyme that helps protect
all bodily tissue from free radical assaults. Glutathione
helps protect mitochondrialDNA from damage from toxins.
- Sulphur-containing free-form amino acids such as
methionine and cystine.
- S-adenosyl-L-methionine (SAMe). SAMe is the
active form of methionione helpful in liver detoxification
and metabolic efficiency.
- N-Acetyl Cystine (NAC) is an anti-oxidant,
chelator of heavy metals and also a potent protector
- Glutamic acid helps detoxify and recycle ammonia
to glutamine. In times of extreme oxidative stress,
ammonia is toxic to the brain.
Foods To Avoid At All Times
- Foods sprayed with petroleum-based pesticides and
herbicides. Eat organic foods where possible.
- Fluids that have been stored in plastic.
- Food that smells like plastic. Plastic derivatives
mimic estrogen and as such place severe pressure on
the liver as well as exposing you to the danger of
estrogenic-related symptoms such as stubborn fat,
feminization of men, sterility and even cancer.
- Rancid food - oils and peanuts are common culprits.
- Over-processed food - white flour and over processed
NEXT: Raw Food Detox Program