Anthelios SX is an over-the-counter moisturizer used
to help prevent sunburn and to help provide protection
from UVA [short and long wave] and UVB rays.
Anthelios SX, made by L’Oreal, protects against
both UVA and UVB rays with an SPF of 15.
Anthelios SX contains a mix of three active ingredients:
- Ecamsule - marketed in Europe
and Canada as Mexoryl SX since 1993.
- Mexoryl is well-known all over
the world to protect skin from wrinkle-causing UVA
rays. According to Dr. Vincent DeLeo, chairman of
dermatology at Columbia University, Mexoryl "
produces a product which gives us almost perfect protection
- Octocrylene - absorbs ultraviolet
light, protecting skin from the harmful effects of
exposure to sunlight. The ethylhexanol portion is
a fatty alcohol, adding emollient and oil-like (water
Who Should Not Use Anthelios SX?
You should not use Anthelios SX on:
- broken skin
- serious burns
When using Anthelios SX:
- keep out of eyes. Rinse with water to remove.
- stop use and ask a doctor if rash or irritation
develops and lasts.
- keep out of reach of children. If swallowed, get
medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right
Using Anthelios SX?
- Apply evenly before sun exposure.
- Reapply as needed or after towel drying, swimming,
- Ask a doctor how to use Anthelios SX for children
under 6 months of age.