ANTIAGING TREATMENTS: WELLNESS
Juice Fasting Guidelines
Juice Fasting is the most extreme
caloric restriction or fasting program.
Juicing Guidelines include:
- Use 1 part juice to 2-3 parts purified water.
- Drink between 4 and 8 8oz glasses of juice per day.
- Supplement with 6 to 8 glasses of water to flush
out toxic substances.
- Sip the juice throughout the day, rather than drinking
- Juices particularly good for detox are:
- Fruits - apple, pineapple, cranberry [ avoid
- Root & Green Vegetables - celery, carrot,
kale, cabbage, spinach, beet, and greens.
- Green drinks such as wheat-grass, barley grass,
blue-green algae, spirulina, or chlorella may be added
to juices to provide more energy.
- Where possible, use organic fruits and vegetables.
Alternatively, peel fruits and vegetables or wash
with a non-toxic produce cleaner, usually available
at health food stores.
- Add low-allergen protein supplements can be added
after the third day. They provide protein, vitamins,
and minerals to support the detoxification process.
The powder can also be mixed into juices.